Wednesday, May 7, 2014

May 5, 2014

Well I will continue to pray for Robb and Grandma and everyone. I’m glad that he is still making progress! That is good. And I am glad that he has friends and people who are willing and able to support him from Vernonia. Man. I am still praying for everyone. I know this is kind of a big deal right now! So you are all thought of and prayed for daily.

It sounds like Stake conference was good, Im glad! I like that analogy with the chickens, and when did they get chickens? That’s kind of random, but sounds like fun! and a lot of work! haha.

How did invite Sunday go? Did you invite Collin? I hope so. He is such an amazing guy and I just want the best for him!

And man, your getting 80s and 90s? Yeah, that’s a little warm! We have been getting rain galore and I am LOVING it! Although they are not built to deal with the amount of water they received, it POURED all day twice this week, literally all day long. It was a lot of water, and I guess it was the most water Philadelphia has ever gotten in one day, so that’s awesome... but life goes on. And I am soaking it up while I can before we hit summer humidity. I’m glad to be back in PA however, it was way muggy down in DE and MD and I am not a fan! I was having to scrunch my hair every day because the humidity wouldn’t let me do anything else, so I am enjoying still straitening it here in PA for at least a few more weeks I hope!

I’m excited for Keira to go to prom! and for all of these kids growing up, it’s weird to me still to think that I will be on a mission at the same time as Tiny Barfuss! And Cody and Andrew has already been out a month... its crazy talk I tell you! CRAZY! But it is so great. It is really neat to see how the Lord has prepared each of his missionaries to serve where they are serving, and when they are serving. It strengthens my testimony of how perfect Heavenly Fathers plan is for each of us every time that I ask a missionary how they decided to serve a mission. Mostly the sisters, because thats who I get to interact with, and deciding for a sister is a little bit different than an elder, but it is truly amazing to hear everyone's experiences. I have said many times this week that we are spoiled rotten missionaries! We have cars, and iPads and gospel library apps, and texting, and facebook and SO many resources to do missionary work, I am trying to learn them all but I know I won’t even scratch the surface while I am here! It’s weird. We also use skype and facetime to teach and there are just so many things out there for us and places that we can reach now than we could before.
Missionaries here have been able to teach people in other countries and stay in contact with people who move and when we move we can stay in contact with them! It’s truly amazing everything that we can do.
The Lord is truly hastening his work, and the time is now! D&C 88:37.
What an exciting time to be a missionary! Spoiled rotten I tell you that much!
And I am so grateful to be here.
Doylestown is so fun, its little and there are miracles happening!
We had a lesson with this investigator Emilio, he has met with missionaries for a few years and so he is familiar with most things. Sister Shaia has been able to work with him online and teach him that way and to send him talks online to answer his questions and help his studies. And he is awesome number one because he ACTUALLY READS the assignments! Its amazing to see how the Lord prepares people to hear about the gospel, because he actually cares and wants to know! So he studies and tries to find the answers.
In the lesson he told us some of the things holding him back, and it was neat because Sister Shaia was able to tell him 'You know this is true!' we had a member there with us who told him she could see how the Lord has been preparing him to hear the gospel message. And after that he said thank you for telling me that, it strengthens my testimony to hear that because you are right. Then we read the scripture Mosiah 18:10 which says: "Now I say unto you, if this be the desire of your hearts, what have you against being baptized in the name of the Lord, as a witness before him that ye have entered into a covenant with him, that ye will serve him and keep his commandments, that he may pour out his Spirit more abundantly upon you?" we told him that he does know this is true and I testified that the next step is baptism. And that this step is one that we want him to make prayerfully, because he knows it is true!!!!! HE KNOWS IT! You can tell! He quoted Heleman 5:12 to us: "And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." He quoted Garrets favorite scripture to us, we didn’t assign that to him. He is reading and STUDYING the Book of Mormon, and that is the best way to find out for yourself that this is the true gospel.
He knows its true, and we committed him to pray about being baptized in June. So pray for Emilio, that he will be able to recognize the answers that God is giving him and to recognize those subtle and firm promptings from the spirit.

Man! This work is the best thing I have done with my life! Its truly amazing to be able to see someone who wants the truth and is willing to study it out and to go to the source and find out for themselves what the truth is. I love that! I love in Moroni 10:4 when we read: "And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost."
I love the part about them not being true, its about finding out whether or not this is right for you. I know it is right for me, actually I know that this is right for everyone, but it is a different experience to know surely for yourself that this is what God wants for you than it is to be told by someone else.

Man the gospel is true! Our Savior lives and it is Because of Him that we will return to live with our families for eternity if we follow the commandments and strive to be obedient to the will of God. Each of us have a different pathway formed for us. How grateful I am to know of my Heavenly Father who loves me perfectly and unconditionally, to know that he wants nothing but the best for us and knows what will happen to us and how to prepare us for our future. We are so blessed! Just as President White talked about in stake conference, we don’t always see it, but God is blessing us and directing us, and how grateful I am to have the spirit with me to guide me and help me know and see that his hand is in my life.

I am so excited to be able to talk to you guys on Sunday! I am having the time of my life out here. Learning a lot and growing more than I thought I would, but I am so grateful for the things I am learning, I can’t imagine trying to go through life without some of these experiences. It is exactly where I need to be! And I am grateful for the knowledge of that.  Man is God good or what!
Well just keep living the dream, we have the fullness of the gospel and our job is to give it to everybody, so get out there and tell someone about what we have!


LOVE YOU!  Love, Sister Kindra Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment