Sunday, February 17, 2013

More no news....

And guess what? Tomorrow is Monday Feb 18, which means its Presidents day. Which is a great holiday and also means that the post offices are closed, so my call won't call tomorrow! : (  But hopefully it will come this week. The Husky sisters both got their calls on the same day and they opened them today I believe. They are both going to missions in Brazil (different ones) and report to the MTC on the same day. Which will be fun for them. They make the last four sisters in our Stake (2 of which are in my ward) that are going to Brazil... I am so scared of going to South America and I have no idea why, but I am!

The more I think about it the more okay I am with staying state side. I see a lot of advantages to staying in the states. I almost want to stay in America, but I want somewhere warm now! I still would love to go foreign. Asian would be a great experience but quite the culture shock. My cousin is going to Japan to serve a mission and my brother will be deployed in Japan at the same time so it could be cool to have everyone over there at the same time.

I would love New Zealand though, I talked to someone the other day and I was told that it was rainy like Oregon which I would love! And the accents would be great. I talked to a woman at church today and we decided that somewhere like Madagascar, New Zealand, or Australia would be great, I can still speak English and experience a different culture and acquire a cool accent in the process :)

Honestly I am not scared to learn a language, I think it would be good to know and fun, but hard. Learning a new language would be a hard experience and then trying to teach the gospel in a language you don't hardly understand would be frustrating. But I think it would be a good experience.

So we shall see. All I know is 'I'll go where you want me to go Dear Lord'. But could you please hurry up and call me already!!!! (Just kidding everyone...)

No comments:

Post a Comment