Monday, January 20, 2014

January 13, 2014 Oh my goodness, the Bowlers are having another one?! Thats exciting! And Danny in Japan, a grandchild on the way and Bradley is already two years into school? I swear they are all still little kids! How exciting :) Tyson is going to Ghana?! I AM SO JEALOUS! That was one place that I really wanted to go, but Im a sister so I am in Pennsylvania, you know, slightly safer. But thats okay, Im glad Im here, I was going to say I get hot showers but that would be a lie, but I do get showers! haha. Man I am dang excited for him! Sending it to the mission office is the best bet now, transfers are next week and since Ive been here for 3 transfers now I might leave, but we shall see. I have been feeling like I will go but also like I will stay so who knows! Every transfer Ive gotten a feeling and been right so far, but I havent decided yet if Im going or staying. We will find out on friday so you will hear next monday, and then to the new area... maybe. Sister Wiehl thinks I am leaving... I hope she hears back soon! I want to know! Also what do we need to do about FASFA for me? Since I will be going back in the 14/15 school year which is the one coming up that would be Keiras first year... just thought about that. Maybe, do you want to get on my BYUI email and check and see what is says? Or maybe get in touch with my counselor and ask what we need to do for financial aid for me? My deferment expects me in school at the latest in spring of 2015. Which is fine by me, I wouldn't mind a winter at home after being out here! I dont really like snow I have firmly decided. Congrats to Rowdy and Taylor! That will be quite exciting! Oh and I had heard that VialFotheringham had moved, but I still dont know where, because I dont know street names... yeah I'll work on that when I am home! Im glad that Jefferson Square is doing that now! I was wondering when they would change their policies... mostly for you since you have been there so long and put so much work into it! Also, get a kick out of this... so our back door has vertical blinds and we are missing a few (thank you elders) and so when we called in a maintenance request to put the towel bar back up I asked about the blinds, they said that it was the tenants responsibility... which I questioned but its a big property and so it is a telephone service for requests so I figured they didnt understand me. When we went to talk to the manager I asked her about it and she said that the blinds were all the tenants responsibility. If they are in good condition when the resident moves out than they leave them up, but because they are such a big property with so many windows they dont take care of the blinds. WHAT?! I thought that was ridiculous. And the silliest thing I have ever heard from a property! Anyhow, I knew you of all people would appreciate the ridiculousness of it. Also we are moving apartments! The Ward Mission Leader owns a cleaning buisness and has some connections so he is calling to figure out where a good apartment complex is that is more central to the area we work in. I guess the office elder over housing called and talked to the bishop who said the elders have loved there for 9 years and he would like to see the missionaries move. So thats the word! I probably wont see it but it will be nice for the next sisters to be in a better apartment. Not that it is bad, its fine, but it could be nicer. But that dizziness does not sound good. How do you get to seminary and back? Is it fine then? I hope that the insurance starts soon so they can figure it out and get everything fixed. Is Keira feeling better? I hope so! And man she is out at 12:30! Spoiled rotten I tell you! haha just kidding. When does track start up again? And how is her photography class coming? I havent heard from her in a while... Hope all is good sister! You can wait until after finals to talk to me, I know how busy that makes you, but dont forget about me! Love you! Good luck on finals! A blessing sounds like a good thing for both of you! I hope you do ask! I have learned that I should not be so hesitant to ask for blessings as I have been in the past. So I hope you do! They bring a lot of added comfort and guidance right when I need it. Between blessings and prayers I have learned a lot and gained much comfort and support exactly when I needed it! It was quite chilly here! It was down to 2 degrees, that day President advised us to do our weekly planning so that we were inside more. Luckily we had appointments that we were able to keep and get inside from the cold. It wouldnt be so bad if it were so dang windy! Thats the annoying part of it all. If there was no wind it would feel 20 degrees warmer! The wind chill kills.... so we bundle up! 5 layers up top and 5 layers on bottom, tights, thermals and leggings and 3 or 4 pairs of socks and boots. You get kinda claustrophobic but at least your warm! Im grateful I have that heavy brown winter jacket THANK YOU for sending it, and Elisabeth for giving it to me! I will probably leave it here for some other lucky sister to wear and use out. Its been a life saver! And still is. Today is not that bad, which is good and bad because Im not wearing any tights today! Thats a first in months! And its nice! No jacket either because I get too hot... in 40 degree weather, man does your body adjust to the weather! So thats lucky, and kind of a miracle when you think about it. God is so smart! I love seeing OR in movies and things too. On postcards and calanders, haystack rock is pretty neat (even if Lindy doesnt get it :P love you!) But Oregon is quite beautiful, I do miss it! Even in the midst of all this green, itis a different kind of green and I am excited to see it again. Im glad Janelle gets to go over again, when does Garret leave? I wanted to send him a card but if he is leaving soon I need to get it sent out... oops! Time does fly by sooo fast! The days pass like months but the months pass like days! I feel like I just got to Bethlehem, but its been 4 months now! The end of January will be the end of my 9 month mark... I will be half way through in 18 days... that is a CRAZY thought! And Im still working up to that hump day right now, so that is good! I feel like I still have time left! Since I do, I know Im only half way, but MAN is life flying before my eyes! Well this week was great! We saw some miracles. We met with a referral from a member. It was his mom. Her name is Katherine, and she is golden! Her understanding is slow, but that means that she is thinking about it and reading the chapters 4 and 5 times. In a week she has gotten up to 1 Nephi ch 5 I believe, and she is taking notes and understanding the content and PRAYING before she starts, which has made all the difference. Its awesome! She has a baptismal date for February 16th! I am so excited for her! She told us in her second lesson that she feels it is true, I asked her if she ever prayed about the Book of Mormon being true and she told me, well now because I already knew it was! Which made me think of Grandpa and telling the elders he didnt need to read the Book of Mormon to know, since he knew that Joseph Smith was a prophet! So that was fun :) How is that old man? Give him my love and tell him I am thinking about him! I sent a postcard to Patty and Laurels figuring they would share it with the fam and read it to Grandpa and what not. I think it was a pretty night scape of Bethlehem with the star on the hill. Weve gone to the Moravian Book store a few times because I love their postcards, they are so prettty! And I got a Bethlehem sweatshirt, thank you to the Wilsons! (Dont worry, Im not getting a sweatshirt in every area, I did get a baseball cap in Montrose which I love, and wear in the evenings after were done planning and what not, and yes my companions laugh at me every time! I cant wait to go on a hike and actually have a reason to be wearing it :) And the post cards are a great way to send a little something back to the families who sent me Christmas cards. Thank you to everyone who is thinking of me! I do appreciate getting note and prayers and thoughts! It helps tremendously! Lets see, we also saw Cindy and Gentry this week! The first time since the holidays, I do love and miss them dearly! They are doing well, which is good. We are hoping to set another baptismal date with her this week, but we have to resolve some concerns first. Nothing big, but concerns none the less. We have had quite the busy week! Which is good, I am greatful for the appointments we have been able to have because that means we are teaching people instead of knocking on doors! So thats always good. I would rater be teaching people than trying to find work to do. So keep your missionaries busy wherever you are! Im glad you got the envelope! And that you love the soldier, I saw it and I couldn't resist! A little bit of your mission on my mission :) And Im glad that Keira likes the skirt, did it fit alright? I tried it on and it was tight for me so I figured it would be about right for her. I thought it was super cute, so Im glad that she likes the things I pick for her! It was either that of floral and I thought she would like that one more. I got it at Target too! Man do I love Target :) We also had a super awkward encounter this week. The elders have been trying to pass of an investigator to us because they are english speaking, so we decided to stop by and meet them in person. Well she looked through the blinds, saw it was us and then ran upstairs. The elders then answered the door, which we thought was funny. They were there to pick up a Christmas gift for them, so we couldnt have planned it better to meet this investigator! But she never came back down stairs. The elders left, and then her sister left. She told us she was changing and would be right down, we waited for 20 minutes or so and then we had to leave for another appointment. So that was awesome... just sitting in an empty living room waiting for the girl to come back down stairs. The elders told us she is scared of us... oh and when her sister saw us she said wow your gorgeous! When I heard sister minister people I though you would be all gross and ugly, but your gorgeous compared to what I was expecting! So that was the only positive thing to come out of that encounter... because literally everyone else left the room and told us we could wait as long as we wanted. And if we didnt have an appointment Im sure sister Wiehl would have insisted on sitting in that living room until she was forced to come down and meet us. I say you know what? You can bring a horse to water but you cant make him drink. If she doesnt want to meet us than I guess she is not ready to meet with us. Lets go find someone who is! Which is always a hard call to make and such a fine line. anyhow, thats just a few things of what happened this week. I hope everything goes well this week with your lack of driving and Keiras finals and what not. I will keep you all in my prayers! Love you guys! Especially you mommy :) Love, your favorite sister missionary, Sister Wilson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment