Sunday, December 8, 2013

December 1, 2013 But my computer is freaking out and Ive got about 20 minutes left. But its been a late Pday today. We went and got our hair cut by a sister in the ward. Its similar to how I cut it before I left, bangs, short. S. Carrigan says she likes it. I think it looks good. I might send a picture but no promises. Ive been wearing my hair scrunched recently because its easier with the winter weather, but I still like it straight more. Anyways my computer is also freaking out and pulling up music videos of Eminem... love it... not. But I did get to email Garret so thats good. Thank you for all of the pictures! I love them! I think Im going to print out the sleepy Clara picture, its just too darn cute! Well this week was Thanksgiving and we had lots of festivities. We started Wednesday night with the Tatlow family (The ones who said she wanted to be the angel of death in her sons world). So it was loud and lots of people and fun! Then Thursday we started by taking thank you notes to the ward members, which was a really great way to spend the morning actually. We were able to talk to a lot of members and to leave messages with them. We found the perfect thanksgiving scripture ... the day after! Which was sad, but go look it up its funny: D&C 59:13 Dont be surprised if I read it to people every year from now on. Then we went and had two lunches, one right after the other, and they were wonderful. The first one had 13 pies... yes 13. I didnt even see them all because they were storing them in the basement b/c they didnt have room in the kitchen. It was wonderful. Then we went and had another dinner with two families from the ward, and it was a fancy dinner. Table set with more silverware than I use, goblets etc. It was fun. And we celebrated the first day of Hannakuh. Did you know that Hannakuh and Thanksgiving wont correlate to each other for another like 56,000 years? Yeah, we said werew all guessing there wont really be Thanksgiving in that many years... we will probably all be perfect by then... But it was really neat. The brother explained the symbolism behind Hannakuh and how it is a celebration of remembering when the Lord had forgiven the people and accepted their repentance etc. It was really neat. Then we went to the Lefgren home. Hes the member who called us Angels sent from God! We went and had pie with them and were able to have a Thanksgiving discussion. I love sister Lefgren! And before we left she told us that we could come back and visit once or twice a week as long as we called first. So we will be frequenting the Lefgren home! She is such a delightful person. She was so nice I stopped myself from saying a few witty comments to her husband, because he is a loud boisterous person who appreciates witty people. But she was just so soft spoken and gentle and kind and loving that I didnt want to share all of my thoughts. (SEE I am Learning! slowly but surely) Then we went to visit the Relitz. And they offered more food to us, that was the original plan, but we were just too full to eat any more! So we shared a message with them and then we went home and passed out. It was a good thanksgiving. And we went and saw the Bittners, who we love! Shes the one who missed church to go to Comicon and she is writting a sci fi book that I actually want to read when I get home! But we went and visited them and found out that they had baked french toast for breakfast and they said you should have come! Because its a holiday tradition that they do... so I said, well we could come for Christmas, and he said (its his specialty) that they are having baked orange cranberry french toast for Christmas and if we are still here we are welcome to come. So we are planning on going to the Bittners for Christmas breakfast :) and I did get the advent box, THANK YOU! They didnt really understand what it was (brother Relitz or S. Carrigan) so we opened it and we did the first day then. Sister Relitz things you are very cool and creative to have gone to all of that work for an advent calendar! She thinks your pretty awesome, I told her you are :) So thank you :) Very creative with the Rolos! I did not guess that one at all! And the Jerkey is gone as well :) Oh and sorry I did not explain well. We are not becoming a trio, we are hoping to get three transfers together, this giving us a three-peat (like repeat but put the 3 in there). So sorry for the confusion, still just the two of us, but hoping for a three-peat. Although that means that one of us will be in Bethlehem for 6 months if that happens because someone has to stay to train the next companion on the area. I mean it doesnt have to be that way, but we are guessing it will be. I like Bethlehem! Its a lot of less active work and a lot of referrals that refuse to be contacted and a lot of slow moving. But there are miracles being planned out and waiting for someone to come and experience them, so I am hoping I get to be here to help the work along! Sorry that you werent able to Skype with Garret for Thanksgiving, hopefully we will be able to plan Christmas better so you get to talk to everyone! I wonder if we get to Skype home and if we could get everyone on... or if that would be too complicated. Thoughts? Concerns? Questions? Compliments :) It looks like you guys are having a fantastic time having everyone home. The Jeep is awesome! Good job G&J :) And Clara looks adorable as ever! I love the picture of her helping you cook, very sweet :) I love you all and miss you each dearly! I hope you get to enjoy your next week together and are able to take lots and lots of pictures :) Because we all love pictures! I need to take more here, I havent taken many in Bethlehem. Oh well, Ill work on that. I love you all! The gospel is back and we have all of it that we need to return to live with God again. How blessed we are to have that! Love you all, stay strong, you are a child of God, Love, Sister Kindra Wilson :) ps Thank you for telling me about Grandpa. Tell him I love him and miss him! I cant wait to see him again, wherever that may be :)

No comments:

Post a Comment