Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Sister Kindra 8/12/13
Well Hazeldale ward is going forth to preach the gospel! What an exciting time to be a missionary! It sounds like their farewell was an uplifting experience for all in attendance. I’m so blessed to be a part of the Hazeldale ward, I learned so much from my leaders and ward family I don’t know who I would be today with out them. I am so proud of our youth! What firm testimonies they have and how boldly and willing they share the gospel to their friends. They are truly a testimony to me on how to be a missionary and I am grateful for their examples.

 I guess I didnt realize that you were a part of splitting and forming smaller groups as well. Thats what they are called in this Stake, groups, smaller than branches. The district is the group of missionaries not members, sorry for the confusion. But I am hoping I get to stay and to be able to be a part of this work that is growing. Scranton stake is an amazing place to be, and I have learned a lot about being a member missionary from them. It’s truly been a blessing to be here.
and I want to read that book when I get home! It sounds really interesting. And Im glad you are getting a sister missionary poster! I feel so special :) Im gonna be on the wall! :)

Your lesson sounds like it went well! Discussions are much more beneficial to the class than speaking at them. We talk a lot about asking questions, and I often think of President Wights 'conduct an edifying discussion' (see even if I didn’t attend all too often President I did learn things!). I would say that if you get people involved and thinking before they share 'insights' by asking them good questions, than it was successful.  My mommie is SO impressive :) But more so a great example to me. Thank you mom for everything you taught me, you truly are the perfect mom for me :)

I remember all but one of the people you mentions, Lowe? Thats the one I didnt recognize. But sister Kaui was there? Are they still living in Hawaii? How is Sherice do you know? We were good friends when she lived here and I don’t think I have talked to her since.

I am sorry to hear about Silvia. She was a very sweet lady! I didn’t know her very well but I knew of her more and everyone always had great things to say about her, and she was very nice to me the few times I did talk with her. When is the funeral? Will you be home for it?

Have fun in Texas! You should be okay, Tish is always cold but her house was comfortable when I was down there so you should be fine with the heat, even if it is August again! We should plan a trip to Texas not in the dead of summer sometime!

Glad Stuart and Lindy are having fun! I cant wait to hear all about the family reunion and seeing Jared and Michelle. They always come home with a crazy adventure story! I got a letter from Lindy that had pictures that Clara and Bryce had colored, they are hanging on my wall now :) So fun!

When does Samantha leave? How about Abby? I also got a letter from Rachel that I still need to respond too... and Lynsi, I have a letter to send you but when are you moving? Where should I send it? Because its a 'happy - late - bday' letter so yeah... I need that info.




Okay now for my week! It was AWESOME! Super busy! Lots of stuff to do, people to see, meetings to go to, dinner appointments (dont worry, we get fed almost every night which is nice! We hardly ever cook dinner and we even have a dinner and lunch appointment one day this week, I am seriously the most spoiled missionary ever! And Im loving it, because I know it wont last forever!)

One day we went to go to Interfaith to help them empty the donation bins and bring all the stuff inside and then hang and sort the donations. The parking lot was full and I saw a few cars parked curbside and I knew that Sister Honomichl and I had parked there before so I figrued we were fine. Well we came out after and there was a ticket on the wind shield. I looked around appalled! Who would do such a thing to the poor sister missionaries?! (office 220 according to the ticket...) and as I looked around I saw the most ridiculous sign of my life. I had not seen it previously because there was a car parked in front of it... but now that I could see it I read "No parking on odd numbered days from 9am to 3 pm' WHAT THE HECK! It was ... stupid. Thats the word I will use, stupid. But it was the 9th which was an odd numbered day and it was around 2 so we were in the wrong. It was only a $10 ticket and I doubt it will go on anyone record since it just said 'put your money in here and drop it off at the municipal building' and didnt ask for information. Sister O insisted on splitting the ticket so we split it and paid it. Not a big deal... Im just still appalled that someone would make such stupid rules for parking.
And that brothers and sisters is why you do not park in front of parking signs, because then the sister missionaries disobey rules they didn’t know about. So that was my first ticket.

Then we had our first baptism! Cheryl is her name. She is 17 and has been taught off and on for the past seven years. Man did I need Cheryl. She has taught me so much! I love her. She was baptized by her dad who was baptized 3 years ago himself. I am so excited for their family!

We also had a lesson with Kevin. It went really well! He is eating up everything we teach him. I taught him about the word 'atonement' last week and he explained it to us this week so simply and perfectly. He talked about how the Atonement is how we can repent and come closer to God and that its only through Christ that we can repent and be cleansed from our sins. He is golden! And so ready for this gospel! I am excited to keep teaching him. His baptismal date is Aug 25th but we might move it back a week just because of scheduling. We shall see.
But the work is moving forward! It is time to teach everyone we know everything we know. What an honor it is to be in the mission field now. We are busy and we love it! I love you all and miss you all! Hope all is well, I love your letters and thank you for your support and prayers, it is felt out here! And if you want to know what you can do to support one of your missionaries? Tell your friends about the gospel and introduce them to the missionaries in your area. Help the work spread! Thats all any of us want!
Thank you, love you all,

Sister Kindra Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment