Monday, August 19, 2013

August 19, 2013

Every time I sit down at the computer my mind goes blank as to what I want to write home about.
I don't think I talked much about it but last week we had Cheryl's baptism. Which I loved. We had it right after church and so most of the branch stayed to be there for her. The baptismal font is in one of the classrooms though, so not everyone got to actually see her get baptized, which was weird to me and I didn't even realize it until after when we walked out and there were people in the hall way. But thats one of the joy's of being in a branch right?
Cheryl is amazing. She is one of the most sincere and caring people I have ever met. We definitely have a connection of some sort. Which is funny because several people have told me that, including her dad. I love him! George is so funny! He is I-talian! And lived in the Bronks. I told him that I was born in Queens and he asked me all these questions that I could not answer because I dont remember! He is our new branch mission leader.
Because yes a month ago we got a new BML and this week they changed again! We had Brother Massamini last week but he was put into the branch presidency this week. We are excited for all of these changes, missionary work is ready to boom out here in Montrose, now if we could just find all of the people this is preparing that would be awesome!

Also this week Sister Oveson and I sang in sacrament meeting. We have been singing to people on their door step and we practiced/sang a few times for the choir director and she asked us if we would sing, so we did. We sang 'Ill go where you want me to go' and everyone loved it. Sister Oveson can do some pretty harmony, she was in choir etc. in HS, and so I sang melody and she twirled around me to make it sounds super cool. So I got the easy part! haha. But she is definitely louder than me... Ill work on that. Lindy how do I sing louder?!
Anyways, then as we were planning last night our Branch President Wilcox called and asked if I would speak on Sunday about the Atonement. Then he called back and said Sister Oveson I hung up and realized that I cant leave you out and gave her a speaking assignment as well. So that will be fun. We will try inviting our investigators and people we are working with to come and hear us speak this week, we invited them to come and hear us sing last week but guess what? None of them came. LOSERS! Whatever, they just need to come. Thats all!
What else happened? Oh as we were leaving church yesterday one of the members stopped us and said our truck needed oil. I was like 'how do you know that?' and he said "I can hear it, pop the hood" so we did and turns out we were pretty low. So we went and got that fixed this morning. Lovely. I love cars... not really. But I have decided that I do love Hank! And I may consider getting a Chevy Colorado when I get home because its a good size and easy to drive and I love it. Anyhow, in case you were wondering about how I feel about Hank, we are best friends :)
We also went to jail this week. Dont worry we got out!
We have a member who was moving but I guess, yeah anyways shes in jail for fines etc. and the branch asked us to go and visit her so we did. It was interesting. Ive never been in a jail before, but I have decided that if you ever have to go to a jail go as a representative of the church because they took us back and let us into a room to talk instead of using those stupid phones, and we dont have any time restrictions and we can go any  time we want instead of during their specified visiting hours. It was interesting. Not as cold and dark as the connotation of the word jail paints in your mind. And she was really nice and receptive to us being there which is good. I wasnt sure because I had only met her once and my comp never has. She was expecting some other people though so when we walked in she was a little disappointed. But by the time we left I knew she was glad we had come and talked with her. And we were able to leave a Book of Mormon with her so that was good too.
What else? Well... I dont really remember. This week was kinda slower however. Our investigator Kevin told us that he wants to read the Old Testament before he gets baptized and asked if we could slow down the learning process because its a lot of information and he is getting a little over whelmed with everything. Which is understandable. He is awesome! And I am glad he was so honest with us, I just hope he doesnt shut us out completely and lets us continue to teach him after he reads what he wants to. We are going to try and do a Bible study with him, because I honestly cannot say that I have read the whole Bible either, so we shall see how much he lets us do. But I feel like its kinda my fault, because I let the hype of everything dictate how much we taught him, and while yes I have a companion and we share equal responsibility, I am the trainer now. And I feel like I should have listened what I was thinking/feeling rather than what everyone else, the investigators friend, the golden companion, the member etc. were all saying. Because everyone was so excited that we were going to have another baptism so fast! When in all actuality I knew it wasnt going to be as soon as we originally planned, but instead of adjusting it how I felt we should have I thought I was wrong and should have listened to everyone else since they were all on the same page.
Being the trainer is kinda hard. Its learning that balance for me of what is going on and how missionary work actually works, and having a companion who would like to baptize everyone and their dog in Montrose asap. Which yeah we are here to bring people to Christ and help them receive the restored gospel, but we are not going to baptize all of Montrose in the next 3 weeks... But anyways now Im making missionary work political which I dont want to do.
Moving on.    I love Montrose. And I am assuming that I am being transferred out when transfers get here in 3 weeks. And Im sad about that. I was talking with Brother Zenefski yesterday, we had dinner at their house, and he told me it would be a shame for me to be transferred. Which made me feel good, like the branch is appreciating the work that I have done. Which means that I have done work here, and made a difference and helped people. That is my calling as a missionary, and its nice to hear that I am accomplishing it from one of the members. I am going to try and take pictures with people over the next few weeks though, because I dont want to miss the opportunity! And I hope I am here when Mariah has her baby! She is due the day of transfers... so we shall see what happens. She is a young soon-to-be mom in the branch and she is very sweet! I love her. I pretty much love the Montrose branch. And now I am rambling. But they feel like the Hazeldale ward to me! Just one big family, and thats probably why I love it so much.
Anyways, I love you all. I hope you are enjoying Texas, mom and Keira and everyone else down there. And Im glad to hear from everyone. Thank you for your prayers, I need them! I cannot do this work without them, that is for sure!
Love you all! Sister Wilson


MOM:


Also thank you for the CDs they are AWESOME! And I love music :) And the pens are way fun, I use them all the time! Love you and miss you both dearly!

No comments:

Post a Comment