Monday, July 29, 2013

July 29, 2013       Its Monday already? thank goodness...‏

Happy happy birthday children dear, happy days will come to you all year, if I had a wish than it would be, a happy happy birthday to you from me!
Thats a shout out to Garret :) Im glad to hear he has a surgery scheduled. Keep me updated, its hard to not be able to know what is going on all the time so emails are definitely a tender mercy from the Lord. So keep me updated on everything!

How is grandpa doing? Havent heard about him lately, did you get those pictures printed for him? I dont know if you have sent it yet or not, but when you send the primary book will you send it to the mission home please? And anything that is valuable send there. We are gone all day long and we get mail from the mission home pretty often so it should get to me quickly when you send things there.
How exciting to have so many missionaries out from our ward! I dont recall the picture you were telling me about, wanna email it to me?! Thanks :)

Im glad that Rachel is getting better, as annoying as the numbness is it could be worse! I love the Wights. I got a letter from her! And I will respond... as soonish as I can!

Today we are going down to Wilkes Barre to have a district activity. We are going to go hiking! I am so excited! PA is beautiful! And its a nice day here, its been raining lately but the sun is out and its not burning hot... yet. And its not too humid, well see when we get down there. Wilkes Barre is in our district at the very Southern part by Scranton.

I love this stake! Scranton Stake is awesome! Our Stake President is coming to our next zone conference and he is awesome so I am excited to hear from him the plans for our Stake. The Lord is telling us we are ready to grow, and I am so excited to be a part of it!

Thanks for your words momma. I didnt think you were preaching, and I agree with everything you said! I am learning those things right now, but what I do know is that we are in companionship's for a reason, so learn that reason!

This week was good. I got to go and do exchanges with Sister Suckow! She was my MTC companion and we are in the same district which is fun. We get to see each other once a week for district training. But I got to spend the day in Wilkes Barre with her. That was really fun. And it was nice to not have to think and be in charge. Its nice to just sit passenger and ask questions about who we are going to teach and then getting to know them and trying to help answer their questions in the hour you get with them. The Lord really does guide us to who we need to teach and what we need to say. He loves us so much! And Wilkes Barre was fun...

But I love Montrose :) We talked to the branch council about the Sector Slam and we are going to get that going. We are ready, and able to move this work along. Now lets see if the members are willing to work with us to help their branch grow into a ward.

I didnt realize how involved members need to be in order to get missionary work moving. How valuable it is to have a member going to help you teach and get to know your investigators! Then they have a connection to the branch when you leave, and the new missionaries can use the member as a resource to learn things about their investigators (carefully).

There is so much work to be done and so little time! My district leader told me he thinks I will go to New Jersey next. If thats where the Lord needs me than I will go, but I hope I get to stay in Scranton Stake/Zone and help this work here. I love these people! Its like another family I didnt know I didnt know!

I love you all. Thank you for your letters, prayers, support and everything. I can feel them and I appreciate every one. I would not be able to do the work I do without all of you.


Love, Sister Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment